The development or start of a business often involves borrowing. The most popular option is to contact the bank. A banking organization can finance an interesting and profitable project that, in the opinion of bankers, should bring income, and, accordingly, repayment by the borrower of debt obligations. In this article, we will look at how a business plan is drawn up for obtaining a bank loan, what the banking organization experts are paying attention to, and which business plan will be most effective.
What is a business plan
A business plan is a description of an activity that will bring profit in the future. Such a document fully describes the structure of the company, its composition, activity, and also describes directly the product that is released to the market.
Financial and analytical analysis of the market will be required. The organization must determine all possible risks, as well as calculate the profitability of the activity. A business plan includes various aspects: from a marketing plan to a production plan.
For a loan in a bank, it’s not so much the structure of the business plan itself that is important, but the content itself and the main idea that should bring profit. Nevertheless, it should be very detailed, as the specialists will assess the risks of financing and, possibly, defend the transaction on the credit committee.
This is where detailed summaries and figures come in handy, since a banking company, issuing loans, relies on statistics and calculations. Before submitting an application, it will be useful to familiarize yourself with the “Methodological guidelines for evaluating the effectiveness of investment projects” developed by the Ministry of Finance.
How to make a business plan for a loan
To compile such a document should be approached with all the responsibility. One of the options is to develop it yourself, on the Internet there are templates for describing a business plan, according to which other users compiled the document.
An alternative is to contact a specialized company, which will give you detailed advice on how to create your own business plan or take it on your own.
Work on the development of the document is entirely due to the consulting organization will cost from 100 000 rubles. But the amount is indicative, as it depends on the type of organization and region. Perhaps in the local offices you can find options and cheaper.
If the component is aimed at saving money, or does not trust third-party companies, then this issue will need to be fully studied, and we will make certain recommendations in this article.
Content of the business plan
The business plan may be individual, in addition, depending on the specifics of the enterprise, some provisions of the general requirements may not be included in the necessary document. In general terms, business plans for obtaining loans should contain the following provisions:
- Title page. Created by generally accepted standards.
- Summary. This is the first thing that employees of a banking company pay attention to when issuing a loan. 50% of success will depend on the resume. Here you need a summary of the main idea, which should be profitable.
- Description of the enterprise and industry. The banking organization should have a clear idea of who it is dealing with (it is worthwhile to familiarize specialists with the industry in principle) and how the competitors are doing and how profitable the product is.
- Description of products. Another 25% of success depends on this item. Here it is important to prove how important this product is to the target audience.
- Marketing and Sales. It is necessary to characterize the market. To conduct Swot-analytics, to determine the target niche, to describe the competitors, to reveal the advantage, and also the chain “supplier – final consumer”.
- Production plan. Production process, capital in the form of equipment and human resources. Tell about what and how it is produced.
- Organizational plan. The structure of the company, its management staff and departments. Who is responsible for what.
- Financial plan. To paint the budget of the company and the project. The amount of cash required, taking into account costs and turnover and the total profit.
- Orientation and efficiency. About how useful and popular it is.
- Risks and guarantees. This is also an important point. Here it is necessary to consider all possible risks associated with a decrease in purchasing power, reduced demand, problems with suppliers, etc., while proposing ways to solve them. And also provide the opportunity to pledge.
- Application. Additional information or necessary documents related to the previous sections.
Sample business plan for a loan
A business plan starts with a title page, you can use this instance as an example:
- Sample service .
- Sample for construction .
- Sample for production .
- Sample for agricultural business .
- Sample for the sale of goods .
Then you can provide information that the document is the property of the company and is not subject to public disclosure. Then write a short summary. The summary should be no more than two or three pages. Then you can gradually reveal the remaining provisions of the business plan.
What does the bank pay attention to?
Bankers will first of all familiarize themselves with resumes, and the refusal may be received already at this stage, if such offers have already been received, and the banking company considers them unprofitable.
Then a lot will hang from the product itself. It should be understood that bank specialists are not entrepreneurs, but work in a narrowly focused area. Therefore, you should provide detailed information about the product, its relevance, supporting the information with illustrative figures.
Also, special attention is paid to risks and calculations during planning. It is important to show all income and expenses throughout the project, as well as to describe potential profits in several scenarios.